Slant *        6        Forum
Home Home Home
The Place to Go for Slant Six Info!
Click here to help support the Slant Six Forum!
It is currently Tue Sep 29, 2026 12:40 am

All times are UTC-07:00




Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:07 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
So im new to forum. I bought a 1984 W100 slat six, four on the flour, 11” clutch, low mount starter. I can’t find a clutch anywhere! Just a replacement, not a $6000 Ram racing clutch that probably wont work either. This thing has some goofy kind of flywheel that has the six pressure plate mount holes on some cast standoff spuds. Every flywheel Ive ever seen is FLAT! Nobody has a clutch for this setup. I got sent a clutch from ebay and the disc and throwout bearing are fine but the pressure plate must be V8. Wont fit in bellhousing. Can anyone help?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:34 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:08 am
Posts: 17617
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Car Model:
I bet you have the 9.25" stock type clutch. Measure the diameter of the clutch disc, not the flywheel.

Lou

_________________
Home of Slant6-powered fun machines since 1988


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:38 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
The disc is surely 11”. Bolt circle on pressure plate is 12”.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 4:41 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
Was trying to send pics but aren’t showing up.


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 6:22 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:08 am
Posts: 17617
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Car Model:
Sorry I misread your post. Yes, you have the big 11". Others on this site maybe know? I believe Greg Ondayko has used Rochester clutch and I bet a place like that can set you up. Ebay and online stuff will probably be a no go.

Lou

_________________
Home of Slant6-powered fun machines since 1988


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:24 am 
Offline
Board Sponsor & Moderator
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 21, 2002 11:08 am
Posts: 17617
Location: Blacksburg, VA
Car Model:
This is the place that our amazing Slanted citizen Greg Ondayko has used reliably.

https://www.falconauto.com/

I will be sending stuff to them to rebuild soon, and I bet they can help you out. If you have the old stuff, you could send it to them for rebuilding and upgrading, or see if they have outright purchase options. I usually pays (in time and money) to use the experts...

Lou

_________________
Home of Slant6-powered fun machines since 1988


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 7:45 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
Thanks so much Lou! My 3rd slant six. 75 duster and a 74 valient. Both automatics though. 😂


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:22 am 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 10386
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Give falcon clutch a call.

He can likley rebuild and reline your existing parts.

See if you can get the Flywheel surfaced locally.

Cheers!


Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 8:24 am 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 10386
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
It also might be worth trying kentucky clutch as well:

https://kyclutch.com/

They helped me out when I did a self rebuild of simple failed levers on one of my pressure plates that did not need resurfacing of the pressure ring.


Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 9:09 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
Awesome. Thanks so much!


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 11:15 am 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 10386
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Quote:
Awesome. Thanks so much!
Yep, good luck with it!

I would like to see that clutch/pressure plate/flywheel configuration sometime.

Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:42 pm 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
I choose an image and submit but it doesn’t show up? Do I have the procedure wrong?


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 1:59 pm 
Offline
Board Sponsor & SL6 Racer

Joined: Wed Oct 23, 2002 7:57 pm
Posts: 9471
Location: Waynesboro, Pa.
Car Model: 65 Valiant 2Dr Post
See his other post about this.. It seems that he has that oddball recessed flywheel / PP that we ran into on Andrews truck. I bet it is cheaper to install a flat flywheel and standard 10 1/2" clutch than getting his rebuilt. Not even sure how they would surface the recessed flywheel face? Although I'm sure it can be done somehow.

_________________
2 Mopars come with Spark plug tubes. One is a world class, racing machine. The other is a 426 CI. boat anchor!
Image
12.70 @ 104.6
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2026 3:42 pm 
Offline
Supercharged
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 27, 2004 8:03 pm
Posts: 10386
Location: IRWIN PA
Car Model:
Quote:
See his other post about this.. It seems that he has that oddball recessed flywheel / PP that we ran into on Andrews truck. I bet it is cheaper to install a flat flywheel and standard 10 1/2" clutch than getting his rebuilt. Not even sure how they would surface the recessed flywheel face? Although I'm sure it can be done somehow.

Covalt clan knowa all about that.
I am sure you can set up the blanchard grinder for an ID. Recessed flywheel.

Greg

_________________
http://www.youtube.com/hyperpack
Image


Top
   
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2026 5:58 am 
Offline
2 BBL ''SuperSix''

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2026 12:18 pm
Posts: 11
Car Model: 1984 Dodge W100 slant six
I am sure others would want to see this flywheel so they can gasp like I did. 🤪. I can’t figure out out to attach photo so if someone wants me to email it to them, I will. Catfishman0202@yahoo.com. Also it’s too close to snow season in the UP to monkey around. I put the clutch back in. It worked fine. Had transfer case out for a growling bearing so I figured I’d do it while assy was out. But, carefully Counted teeth on flywheel at 131. Is there something that stops me from getting a flat flywheel and 10.5 inch clutch without changing bell housing. BTW, have seen some photos online. Mine is NOT A low mount starter. I can take a photo of the casting number too. Not in garage right now. Thanks.


Top
   
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic  Reply to topic  [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1 2 Next

All times are UTC-07:00


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Limited